Our TiVo picked this up back when it originally played last summer. I greenlighted it because Ulysses loves it so much.
We hadn't watched it for months. Then, yesterday, our copy of Readers' Digest came in mail. On the cover is an iPhone-like gadget, equipped with cartoon devil horns and tail -- to show that all this technology and connection is bad, bad, bad. Ulysses recognized it as an iPhone.
It's the first brand name I've ever heard him use.
The only place he's seen one is in the pictures within The iPhone Musical. So we flipped to the video and watched it over and over and over last night, and this morning, Ulysses joyously singing along, and mimicking Pogue's moves.
All very cute. Even the part when U broke down into earnest, quiet tears when he realized that we don't have an actual iPhone. I told him, "iPhones are just in the song!" and that seemed to cheer him up. I know that method's not going to last much longer. I sure am glad he doesn't see commercials! (Thanks, TiVo. And DVD.)
Favorite bits for singing along to:
- When the kayaker shouts, "What the...!"
- When Pogue sings, "But God! This thing is sweet!"
- When the wavy-haired singing guy says, "Cool!" with his thumbs up
- When Pogue's voice is distorted while he sings, "AT&T"
When U was younger -- this summer, that is -- he also loved these parts:
- When Pogue drives off in the car (U'd say, "Beep! Beep!")
- When Pogue looks at the store display of batteries (U'd cheer, "Barries!" recognizing them as those wonderful things that make toys go.)