Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Who can talk?

"Animals: they don't talk. Bugs: they don't talk. Insects: they don't talk," Ulysses pronounced between spoonfuls of blueberry yogurt.


"What about fish?" I asked.


"Oh," he answered sternly. "Fish are animals. So I didn't have to say that."


"What about birds? They're animals, I guess," I said, thinking I'd be chastised again for even mentioning them.


"Birds? They can still sing. And whales sing low."


"Yes, that's true."


"Killer whales are evil whales," he added.


A few moments later: "Sometimes aliens come to earth. And dinosaurs" -- he raised his arms above his head -- "They're these gigankik animals."


"Do they talk?"


"Mm-mm,"he responded in the negative.


"What about aliens?"


"Yes. They're animals from out of space. But they can talk. They talk like they're broken. They talk like breakdancers. There are lots of different aliens. Aliens can be good or evil. Aliens can have a plasma gun, only. An alien's favorite rocket ship is a flying saucer. Aliens can be brave."


"When they talk, what do they say?"


"I don't know. Aliens are only in out of space."

No comments:

Post a Comment