Sunday, September 2, 2007

Zoo Trip

Sunday before Labor Day. U and Don and I went to the zoo. Click for pictures. I took along our new cheap ($30 in a blister pack at Shopko) digital camera. The idea is to be able to snap some photos without the committment of carrying around the heavier good camera (a Fuji FinePix).

2007_0902 Zoo Trip


Ulysses rode the new carousel, his first time on one. He loved it. I stood by him, one hand on the aluminum rod and one protectively behind him, resting on the back of the warthog. Big tusks.

As we stood in line minutes before, I had given Ulysses a dollar to give to the attendant. He gave it back to me. I pressed it into his hand as she approached, and she took it before he had a chance to return it to me again. He hadn't seen that use for money before: a service. A privilege. The right to do something. He knew of money as the thing you give the cashier when you want to make an object yours to take home from the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment